Friday, February 10, 2012

Creature Colors

Who: Cindy Dauer of The Slumbering Herd
What: Original Pen and Ink Illustrations, Art Cards and Prints
Where: Evanston, IL
Web: http://www.theslumberingherd.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheSlumberingHerd
Why: I was wandering my way through the internet today, trying to ignore the whipping winds, cascading snow and plummeting-like-a-2-ton-rock temperatures outside, when I screeched to a virtual halt at Cindy's etsy page. Oh glorious salvation of my color-starved self! Vivid teal and turquoise, velvety purple, plush pink and tropical lime...swirling together in wry and whimsical illustrations of the cutest possible creatures! A steampunk llama, sleepy birds and a sheep with attitude are just a few of the fabulous inhabitants of The Slumbering Herd's realm. I'm so smitten and smiley now...thank you to Cindy and your band of merry friends!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy D. said...

My goodness those are very kind words. It seemed like you were saying them very loudly, too. I am picturing an exuberant personality. Extremely kind of you, glad you like the beasts (and none of the naughty ones bit you), and I shall make a mention in my next post.

And now I will go take a look at what other sorts of things you've found in your travels.

p.s. I am also fond of ellipsis. Also overly fond of adverbs.

p.s.s. What nefarious things were you posting in 2010 that had to be erased for our personal safety?

10:54 PM  
Blogger moonsword said...

LOL...in 2010 I was kidnapped by a nefarious band of gypsy hippies and spirited away for a year of revelry and rebellion. ;)
Thanks for stopping by...cheers!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home