Saturday, February 18, 2012

How to B Cool

Who: Nikki Butler of nikki-b
What: Handcrafted Bead Jewelry
Where: New York, NY
Web: http://nikki-b.myshopify.com/
Why: I've got lots of reasons to admire Nikki...she is a vibrantly successful fashion model, compassionate entrepreneur, mother and wife, and supergroovy jewelry designer. She uses rainbows of beads to design comfortable, nicely-priced pieces inspired by the many cultures she has encountered traveling the world. While living in Chile, she established a fair-practice collective of women artisans to create her designs, and opened her own boutique so she could work directly with her customers. She's hands-on and headstrong in all aspects of her work, and designs with a down-to-earth color-drunk spirit. The hippie chick in me is definitely admiring those stretchy bead rings and heaps of beaded bracelets...I am b-smitten!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie from GardenTherapy.ca said...

love those multicoloured strands. I have a friend who made something similar and I covet it.

2:04 PM  
Blogger moonsword said...

You know I had a few strands and even a ring at one time as a teenager, and I'd forgotten how much I loved them until I saw Nikki's work! :)

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home